Introduction


The My Tracks data (when I managed to turn GPS on on the phone!) can be found here.
Pictures here are licensed under a Creative Commons non-commercial attribution license.

Sunday 6 February 2011

Day 30: Ste Foy and on to La Rosiere

A relaxed day skiing in Ste Foy, which is rather like Heavenly, in that there are a lot of runs through trees, and a big bowl higher up, though of course Ste Foy has fewer runs. I can see why Ste Foy is attractive to off-piste keenies, since there is a huge off-piste potential.
Panorama from the top of Ste Foy looking back at Val and the Grande
Motte above Tignes.
I fell on a blue run for some obscure reason, and slightly cricked my left knee, but I was able to ski OK afterwards (after a coffee and tarte tatin) in the company of the wonderful marmotte below.
Marmotte in cafe.

I packed up about 3:30 and drove over to La Rosiere (via some small roads almost through Montvalezan, rather than all the way down to Seez and back up). Collected the lift passes from the ski office and had time for a bath before the others arrived.

Now installed in Chantelauze for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment